Wednesday, April 14, 2021

The risk of buying chips online

 So far I’ve been pretty lucky buying chips from the internet but recently ( 2021 ). I have had two bad purchases on AliExpress.

The first purchase was 2 x 6510 CPU’s. This was a pretty easy dispute as one of the chips was broken in half and the other was dead.  This dispute was very quickly and easily resolved. 

On the second dispute I got scammed by a very schrewed and dishonest trader.  So I am going to document my lessons learned here for dealing with fake chip disputes on AliExpress. 

So here goes . .

When opening a dispute with AliExpress you need to document your dispute fully. 

1) take photos of the product front and back

2) take photos of the packaging front and back including all packing material

3) take SHORT videos of you testing the item as clearly as you can showing the item not working. 

4) write your issue in detail in full

5) when logging the issue only do "full refund no return"

6) do not engage the vendor if they try to get you to return the item.   Let AliExpress deal with them. 

I learnt a very hard lesson from this vendor and lost a lot of money. So in full disclosure I’m going to put it here.

I do not recommend buying from Liheng at Aliexpress.  Please note that they have a number of shop fronts such as Liheng1 and Liheng2 . . etc etc.  I suspect this is so they can cycle through thier stores to clean out negative feedback.


No comments:

Post a Comment