Friday, September 6, 2019

Sony Trinitron PVM . . . What a find!

I’ve been looking at Sony CRTs on EBay every now and then, ever since I saw a video with Ms Mad Lemon showing off her Monitors.  I had already bought a Commodore 1084 which works fine, but I wanted a second monitor so I didn’t have to keep swapping my computers about and monitors are hard to come by where I live.

Where I am we have a cyclones ( or hurricane for non Australians ). So once a year before cyclone season we have a clean up where people put everything the don’t want on the nature strip to be disposed of properly before they become flying missiles.

Some one left this magnificent beast out there, I drove past saw it and grabbed it.  I was a bit dubious that I’d just picked up something that would end up outside my house for collection. I brought it in turned it on and . . . Oh my goodness, it is magnificent, a little worn but in perfect operating shape.

So now my Amiga and C64 are hooked up to it.  I’ll leave my c128 on the 1084.








No comments:

Post a Comment