Friday, June 4, 2021

Building the : Cart64out by Sven Petersen ( kits available )

I've been looking at cart breakouts for quite a while now, but I've not had the skills or equipment to warrant one, that is, until now.  I recently bought and started using a Digital logic probe from Kingst and it it is a wonderful piece of kit.

So with my Kinst probe in conjunction with Sven's cart I am now looking at two more projects:

    1) Cart repair : I have two carts that I need to repair, both of which seem to be fine, but just don't work.

    2) Cart design : I'd like to try my hand at building a cart with a CPLD or FPGA.

Anyhow this build was pretty simple but I think It's going to be really handy.  The parts themselves are readily available apart from the cart edge connector, luckily the vendor was pretty good and I got a personalized deal for 30 units.  This is fine as I'll use them for board repairs and I may sell a few.

This is a bit of a niche project, I have quite a few spare boards and parts.

If you're in Australia and would like one please get in contact with me.  If you're outside of Australia, it's probably not worth while due to postage costs. 

The cost is $30 (AUD) for a full unassembled kit which includes:

  • 1 x PCB
  • 1 x edge connector
  • 1 x 40 pin connector
  • 1 x 18 pin header ( you can remove the 5v and GND pins if you wish like I have )
  • 1 x momentary switch
  • 1 x resistor network
  • 2 x standoffs
  • 2 x screws
  • 7 x jumpers
  • Standard Tracked parcel post to anywhere in Australia

I'm probably losing money on this I'm too scared to do the sums and find out, but it would be cool to see them other peoples hands.


No comments:

Post a Comment